Paras B. Patel DDS
Department of Diagnostic Sciences
3302 Gaston Ave.
Dallas, Texas 75246
Phone: (214) 828-8116
Fax: (214) 828-8306
Education and Postgraduate training
- Texas A&M University College of Dentistry, Dallas, TX; Oral and
- Maxillofacial Pathology; 2017; Certificate
- Howard University College of Dentistry, Washington D.C.; DDS; 2011
- “Structured illumination multispectral fluorescence lifetime microendoscopy to detect oral premalignancies”. R03 Aug 2014- Aug, 2016. $138,220. Role: Consultant
- “USP6 gene rearrangement testing in gnathic aneurysmal bone cysts”. Multi-institutional collaborative centered at University of Florida. 08/2016-2018. Internally funded (UF). Role: Collaborator
- “NOD2 expression in oral manifestations of Crohn's disease”. Multi-institutional collaborative centered at University of Florida. 10/2018-2019. Internally funded (UF). Role: Collaborator
- “Evaluation of the Pattern of Jaw Lesions Using Advanced Imaging with Histopathological Correlation”. Unfunded. 6/26/2019-Active. Role: Co-investigator
- “Endogenous Fluorescence Lifetime Endoscopy for Early Detection of Oral Cancer and Dysplasia”. ($2,523,823, Feb 2, 2018 – Jan 31, 2023). Funded by National Cancer Institute. 1R01CA218739-01A1. Role: Co-Investigator
Patel PB, Tahmasbi M. Focal Cemento-Osseous Dysplasia. Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Case of the Month. Texas Dental Journal. April 2019.
Patel PB, Chesley L, Mohr C. High-grade Osteosarcoma. Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Case of the Month. Texas Dental Journal. May 2019.
Patel PB, Wright JM, Kang DR, Cheng YL. Longitudinal clinicopathologic data of the progression of oral mucosal melanoma – Report of 2 cases and literature review. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol 2018;126(1):e21–e30
Patel PB, Cunningham R. Leiomyomatous Hamartoma. Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology. Case of the Month. Texas Dental Journal. May 2018.
Patel PB, Kessler HP, Peraza AJL, Iriarte RM. Case of the Month: Schwannoma. Texas Dental Journal. January 2017; 134(1):10-11, 58-61.
Pereira DL, Pires FR, Lopes MA, Carlos R, Wright JM, Patel P, van Heerden W, Uys A, Vargas PA. Clinical, demographic, and radiographic analysis of 82 patients affected by florid osseous dysplasia: an international collaborative study. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2016 Aug; 122(2):250-7.Book ChaptersWright J, Cheng YSL, Patel PB Book Chapter: Peterson’s Principles of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Mucosal and Related Dermatologic Diseases. Accepted Jan 2020.
Shafer Award Winner 2017: Highest score achieved on the fellowship examination of the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology.