At the Center for Facial Pain and Sleep Medicine, we treat many painful conditions of the head and face that include temporomandibular joint dysfunction, bite relationship problems, trigeminal neuralgia, migraine, tension-type headache, atypical tooth pain, atypical facial pain, and burning mouth or tongue, just to name a few.
We also work with our physician colleagues to screen and help manage patients with sleep-related breathing disorders such as snoring and sleep apnea.
Treatments or services offered include the following:
- Patient education
- Medication review and counseling
- Sleep evaluation and screening
- Sleep appliance therapy
- Habit behavior modification
- Stress management therapies
- Pharmacotherapy (medications)
- Diagnostic anesthetic blocks
- Therapeutic anesthetic nerve blocks
- Muscle trigger point injections
- Temporomandibular joint mobilization
- Intraoral orthosis therapy (oral splints/night guards)
- Coordination of multidisciplinary care
The outcome of any treatment modality is determined by realistic goals, expectations and the patient’s level of compliance to the therapeutic recommendations. Each patient will have a different, individual response to therapy.
Some patients will respond to therapy rapidly while others may not see improvement for months. For this reason, each patient's treatment is tailored to his or her specific needs. This approach enables all of our patients to experience maximum therapeutic benefits.