Dean of Clinical Affairs Dr. Steve Griffin assures patients of the extensive protocols in place to assure their safety in the clinics of Texas A&M College of Dentistry.
Patient Care at Texas A&M College of Dentistry
Texas A&M College of Dentistry is a teaching institution in which treatment is performed by students and supervised by licensed clinical faculty.
All patients entering the Dental School will be Pre-screened and the patients temperature will be checked before being sent to the appropriate area. Patients identified that do not pass the pre-screening questions will be asked to reschedule their appointment and not allowed in the school. This is to ensure that safe treatment continues in all of our clinics.
As always, the College follows stringent infection control procedures in the treatment areas with additional attention now being given to the detailed cleaning of hard surfaces throughout the building.
We are continually monitoring all federal, state and local recommendations and will keep our patients informed of any changes that may impact our clinic operations.
When you arrive for treatment at the Dental College, you will be asked about:
- Have you traveled to an area with a high incidence of COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- Have you been in close contact with someone who is, or suspected of being, COVID-19 positive
- Are you currently waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test
- Have you ever been confirmed COVID-19 positive
- Are you currently experiencing chills, dry cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fatigue or weakness, muscle aches, recent loss of taste or smell, recent sore throat, headache, congestion or runny nose, sneezing or water eyes, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea
- Have you recently visited a place where COVID-19 is spreading such as a nursing home or jail
We highly value our patients participation in the education of our future oral health professionals. Your safety, along with that of our students, staff and faculty is of great importance to the College.
A screening appointment is necessary to determine if you are a suitable teaching patient, and can only be made according to the instructions on the Screening Clinic Information page.
The Extraction Clinic requires a reservation.
Reservations will be made 2-3 days in advance only. Reservations may require that you be here all day.
Requesting or Sending Dental Records
If you’d like to request a copy of your dental records please print and complete the Authorization Form. Once completed the form can be faxed to 214-874-4552, emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to 3302 Gaston Ave Dallas Tx 75246.
To forward records or x rays to us, email them to COD-Records@tamhsc.edu.
For questions regarding records please call 214-828-8217