The Department of Pediatric Dentistry at Texas A&M College of Dentistry provides didactic and clinical instruction on preventive and therapeutic oral health care for infants and children. This instruction is provided for dental hygiene students, dental students and residents in the pediatric dentistry specialty program.
Full and part time faculty are involved in the didactic training of the dental hygiene students and dental students in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years. This is accomplished using a small-group format. In addition, the faculty are responsible for clinical instruction of undergraduate students and dental hygiene students at the College of Dentistry and outside the college at the various community outreach clinics.
Pediatric Dentistry Department Affiliations
The Department has affiliations with other institutions that offer experiences outside the college including:
- The Agape Clinic (AGAPE)
- Children’s Medical Center of Dallas (CMC)
- Healing Hands Ministries Health Center (HHM)
- Martin Luther King- Foremost Family Health Centers (MLK)
- North Dallas Shared Ministries (NDSM)
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital (TSR)
- Urban Inter-Tribal Center Texas (UITCT)