Students entering their fourth year of a US accredited Dental School are welcome to apply before graduating or taking Part 2 of National Boards. If accepted in the program, Texas A&M University College of Dentistry must receive proof of graduation and National Board Examination Part 2 no later than 4 weeks prior to the start date of the program.

Graduate Programs

Program Director: Pooria Fallah Abed, DDS

Graduate admissions 

General Admissions Requirements for all candidates:

  1. D.D.S. or D.M.D. degree
  2. National Board Dental Examination Parts 1 and 2
  3. Graduate Record Examination 
  4. College transcripts sent directly from Registrar
  5. Dental School transcripts sent directly from Registrar
  6. References
    a. Letter sent directly from Dean of Dental School stating class rank
    b. Letters of reference directly from 3 Dentists 
  7. Copy of American Heart Association BCLS (CPR)

International applicants (applicants trained outside the US)

In addition to general admission requirements international applicants need to submit the following additional information:

  1. Have your college and dental school transcripts evaluated by Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) -- request course-by-course report and sent directly.
  2. Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores of at least: 550 on paper, 213 on computer, or 80 Internet-based test if English is not the native language of your citizenship.

About the Clinical Certificate in Periodontics

A certificate in Periodontics is awarded upon successful completion of the 3 year curriculum in the Advanced Training Program in Periodontics.

Assigned faculty teach didactic and clinical courses on all aspects of periodontics, including etiology, pathogenesis, systemic interactions/considerations, diagnosis, treatment planning, surgical/non-surgical therapy, maintenance care, dental implantology, interdisciplinary considerations, and oral medicine/stomatology.

In order to receive the certificate, each candidate is required to complete and defend a M.S. (or PhD) thesis research project, which, in the case of the M.S., may be either a clinical research project or laboratory-based research project.

Contact: Pooria Fallah Abed, DDS