NOTE: US DENTAL STUDENTS
Students entering their fourth year of a US accredited Dental School are welcome to apply before graduating or taking Part 2 of National Boards. If accepted in the program, Texas A&M University College of Dentistry must receive proof of graduation and National Board Examination Part 2 no later than 4 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Program Director: Pooria Fallah Abed, DDS
General Admissions Requirements for all candidates:
- D.D.S. or D.M.D. degree
- National Board Dental Examination Parts 1 and 2
- Graduate Record Examination
- College transcripts sent directly from Registrar
- Dental School transcripts sent directly from Registrar
a. Letter sent directly from Dean of Dental School stating class rank
b. Letters of reference directly from 3 Dentists
- Copy of American Heart Association BCLS (CPR)
International applicants (applicants trained outside the US)
In addition to general admission requirements international applicants need to submit the following additional information:
- Have your college and dental school transcripts evaluated by Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) -- request course-by-course report and sent directly.
- Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores of at least: 550 on paper, 213 on computer, or 80 Internet-based test if English is not the native language of your citizenship.
About the Clinical Certificate in Periodontics
A certificate in Periodontics is awarded upon successful completion of the 3 year curriculum in the Advanced Training Program in Periodontics.
Assigned faculty teach didactic and clinical courses on all aspects of periodontics, including etiology, pathogenesis, systemic interactions/considerations, diagnosis, treatment planning, surgical/non-surgical therapy, maintenance care, dental implantology, interdisciplinary considerations, and oral medicine/stomatology.
In order to receive the certificate, each candidate is required to complete and defend a M.S. (or PhD) thesis research project, which, in the case of the M.S., may be either a clinical research project or laboratory-based research project.
Contact: Pooria Fallah Abed, DDS