Clinical Associate Professor, Associate Department Head
Director of Pre-Clinical Program, Member of the Texas A&M Graduate Faculty
Dr. Noureldin specializes in three areas of dentistry, operative, preventative dentistry and cariology (caries management). She received her dental degree (1993) at the Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt. Dr. Noureldin began her career as a dentist and a faculty with specialist training and Master of Science degree in Operative Dentistry at Cairo University, Egypt (1998). Earned Master of Science in Biomaterials (2003) from Baylor College of Dentistry (currently College of Dentistry Texas A&M University, USA) and a PhD degree in Operative Dentistry (2007) as a joint supervision between Baylor College of Dentistry and Faculty of oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University. Her research interest, which is on dental caries and white spot lesion prevention and treatment, has been supported by several industry contracts and grants. Her responsibilities include pre-doctoral and postdoctoral didactic and preclinical/clinical Cariology and Prevention teaching. Dr. Noureldin was honored with Distinguished Teaching Excellence Award (2016) by Texas A&M College of Dentistry in recognition of her leadership qualities and accomplishments in the undergraduate and graduate levels and honored with Clinical Faculty Research Award in 2019.
- Clinical Faculty Research Award”, Texas A&M University College of Dentistry, Dallas, USA, 2019
- “Distinguished Teaching Award”, Texas A&M University College of Dentistry, Dallas, USA, 2017
- “American Muslim Women Physicians Association”, Community Volunteering Award, 2013
- Leeper DK, Noureldin A, Julien K, Campbell PM, Buschang PH. Risk assessments in orthodontic patients developing white spot lesions. J Investig Clin Dent. 2019 Sep 22
- Abufarwa M, Noureldin A, Azimaie T, Campbell PM, Buschang PH. Preventive effects of carbon dioxide laser and casein phosphopeptide amorphous calcium phosphate fluoride varnish on enamel demineralization: A comparative, in vitro study. J Investig Clin Dent. 2019 Jan 28
- Abufarwa M, Noureldin A, Campbell P, Buschang P. The longevity of casein phosphopeptide-amorphous calcium phosphate fluoride varnish's preventative effects: Assessment of white spot lesion formation. Angle Orthod. 2019 Jan;89(1):10-15
- Abufarwa M, Noureldin A, Campbell P, Buschang P. Comparative Study of Two Chemical Protocols for Creating White Spot Lesions: An in vitro FluoreCam Evaluation. J Investig Clin Dent. 2018 Feb;9(1)
- Abufarwa M, Noureldin A, Campbell P, Buschang P. Reliability and Validity of FluoreCam for White-Spot-Lesion Detection: An invitro Study. J Investig Clin Dent. (2018) Feb;9(1).
- Abufarwa M, Noureldin A, Campbell PM, Buschang PH. White Spot Lesions in a Review. TDA Journal, 2017, Vol 134,No. 7
- Noureldin AK, Quintanilla I, Kontogiorgos E, Jones D. Enamel-Caries Prevention Using Two-Applications of Fluoride –Laser Sequence. Tex Dent J. (2016) Mar
- Noureldin AK, Miller BH, Griggs JA, Wakefield C. “Immediate Bonding to Bleached Enamel” Operative Dentistry. (2006) Jan-Feb; 31(1).
- Noureldin AK, Miller BH, and Griggs JA. Resin Bonding to Sclerotic, Non-carious, Cervical Lesions” Quintessence International (2004).
- Noureldin AK and Abdel-mohsen MM “Effect of Changing Application Times on Adhesive Systems’ Bond Strengths” American Journal of Dentistry (2002)