MESSAGE TO STUDENTS
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, personnel in the Office of Student Affairs will work remotely until further notice. However, we will continue to offer all Student Affairs services normally provided. We know that this is a stressful time for everyone and we are here to help you in any way that we can!
Please feel free to contact us via our work phone numbers or email addresses, which are provided below.
If you need to meet with either of us face-to-face, please let the person with whom you need to meet know and a Zoom meeting can be scheduled.
Office of Student Affairs - Room 503
- Dr. Ernie S. Lacy, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, may be reached at 214-828-8232
- Ms. Kimberley Morgan-Thompson, Director of Student Affairs, may be reached at 214-828-8210
- Ms. Leilane Jan, Administrative Assistant, may be reached at 214-828-8240
- Ms. Kay Egbert, Manager and liaison for Financial Aid, may be reached at 214-828-8181
- Ms. Taryn Walker, Manager and liaison for Student Records, may be reached at 214-828-8233
The Office of Student Affairs serves the College as advocates, advisors, educators, and administrators for students and student organizations in order to create and foster leadership and involvement opportunities that enhance personal, interpersonal, and organizational development. Students are our focal point and we play a vital role in the personal growth, wellness, intellectual development, academic achievement and career success of each individual student. We are guided, motivated, and challenged by the students for whom and with whom we work. We are inspired by their accomplishments.
The Associate Dean, Dr. Ernie Lacy, is the official dental and dental hygiene student advisor to the Student Promotions Committee as outlined in the Academic and Disciplinary Due Process documents.
This office facilitates numerous services, events and activities for students including, but not limited to:
- Referrals for confidential off-campus counseling with a consulting psychologist and psychiatrist
- Student Council
- Class officer elections
- Student organizations
- Dental fraternities
- Organized dentistry liaison, e.g. Dallas County Dental Society, Texas Dental Association
- TAMUS Chancellor's Student Advisory Board
- HSC Student Governing Board
- White Coat Ceremony
- Graduation Awards Ceremony
- First Year Family Day
- Holiday Gala
- Dental Olympics
- Postdoctoral Application Support Services & Match Liaison
- Mentor Program
- Student Handbook
- Student Telephone Directory
- Textbook Lists
- Roommate liaison
- Health Insurance
- Lab bench assignments
- Coat locker assignments
- Mailbox assignments
- Armed Forces presentation coordination
- Student absence and faculty notification
- Short-term Leave of Absence
- Class meetings with the Dean
- Consultation regarding academic and disciplinary matters