Associate Professor with Tenure
Director of Advanced Education in General Dentistry
Texas A&M College of Dentistry
Dr. Zandinejad completed his dental training in 1996. He completed a residency program in operative dentistry and received his Master degree in restorative dentistry from Sheffield University in the United Kingdom.
He completed his AEGD residency and prosthodontics program at the university of Rochester in New York.
He recently joined Texas A&M University College of Dentistry as the director of AEGD residency program.
Dr. Zandinejad maintains his practice limited to Implants, Esthetic Dentistry and Prosthodontics.
- Application and longevity of all ceramic systems.
- Zirconia in Implant Dentistry.
- Dental application of Prototyping systems.
- Digital impression and its accuracy.
- Introducing new technique for reinforcing dental ceramic.
- Infiltrating ceramic with resin and investigating the mechanical properties.
- Fracture resistance of all-ceramic crowns supported by implant.
- Fellow International Team for Implantology
- Member American College of Prosthodontists
- Member International association for Dental Research IADR/AADR
- Member Academy of Osseointegration
Honors and Awards
- Basil G. Bibby Award, 1st Place – University of Rochester, Eastman Dental Center, 2006.
- Excellence in Cosmetic Dentistry, Awarded by American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 2007.
- Strong Star: Certificate of appreciation for providing exceptional service. Strong Memorial Hospital University of Rochester June 20, 2011.
- 2011-2012 Faculty Favorite. An outstanding professor nominated by students. University of Louisville, Delphi center for teaching and learning, September, 2012.
- 2012-2013. Dr. Jeff Shay memorial award as an outstanding teacher, 2013.
Publications and Journal Articles
- Zandinejad A, Metz MJ, Stevens P; Lin WS, Morton D. Virtually designed and CAD/CAM-fabricated lithium disilicate prostheses for an esthetic maxillary rehabilitation: A senior dental student clinical report. J Prosthet Dent. 2015 Feb 11. [Epub ahead of print]
- Zandinejad A, Lin WS, Atarodi M, Abdel-Azim T, Metz MJ, Morton D. Cast free ceramic veneers, a digital workflow for virtually designing and milling ceramic lithium disilicate veneers: A clinical case report. Oper Dent. 2015 Feb 23. [Epub ahead of print].
- Zandinejad A, Atarodi M, Abdel-Azim T, Morton D. Complete oral rehabilitation of a patient with Hereditary Gingival Fibromatosis: A clinical report. J Prosthet Dent. 2015 Jan;113(1):1-7.
- Zandinejad A, Abdel-Azim T, Lin WS, Morton D. Fabrication of a fixed multipurpose template retained by existing dental implants. J Prosthet Dent. 2013 Aug;110(2):144-6.
- Abdel-Azim T, Rogers K, Elathamna E, Zandinejad A, Metz M, Morton D. Comparison of the marginal fit of lithium disilicate crowns fabricated with CAD/CAM technology by using conventional impressions and two intraoral digital scanners. J Prosthet Dent. 2015 Jun 20. [Epub a head of print]
- Lin WS, Zandinejad A, Metz M, Harris B, Morton D. Predictable restorative workflow for CAD/CAM fabricated ceramic veneers utilizing a virtual smile design principle. Oper Dent. 2015 Feb 23. [Epub ahead of print]
- Abdel-Azim T, Zandinejad A, Elathamna E, Lin WS, Morton D.The influence of digital fabrication options on the accuracy of dental implant-based single units and complete arch frameworks. (Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2014 Sep 26. doi: 10.11607/jomi.3577. Epub ahead of print)
- Abdel-Azim T, Zandinejad A, Metz M, Morton D. Maxillary and mandibular rehabilitation in the esthetic zone using a digital impression technique and CAD/CAM-fabricated prostheses: A multi-disciplinary clinical report. Oper Dent. 2015 Jan 9. [Epub ahead of print]
- Shanshan Zhang, Hadi Miyanaji, Li Yang, Amirali Zandinejad, J. J. S. Dilip, Brent Stucker. An Experimental Study of Ceramic Dental Porcelain Materials Using A 3D Print (3DP) Process. Proceedings of 25th International Solid Freeform Fabrication (SFF) Symposium, Austin, TX, 2014.
- Hadi MIyanaji, Li Yang, Shanshan Zhang, Amirali Zandinejad. A preliminary study of the graded dental porcelain ceramic structures fabricated via binder jetting 3D printing. Proceedings of 25th International Solid Freeform Fabrication (SFF) Symposium, Austin, TX, 2014.
- Metz MJ, Miller CJ, Lin WS, Abdel-Azim T, Zandinejad A, Crim G. Dental student perception and assessment of their clinical knowledge in educating patients about preventive dentistry. (Accepted for publication in the European Journal of Dental Education)
- Metz MJ, Abdel-Azim T, Miller CJ, Lin WS, Zandinejad A, Oliveira GM, Morton D. Implementation of a laboratory quality assurance program: the louisville experience. J Dent Educ. 2014 Feb;78(2):195-205.
- Lin WS, Harris BT, Zandinejad A, Martin WC, Morton D. Use of prefabricated titanium abutments and customized anatomic lithium disilicate structures for cement-retained implant restorations in the esthetic zone. J Prosthet Dent. 2013 Dec 18.
- Lin WS, Starr TL, Harris BT, Zandinejad A, Morton D. Additive manufacturing technology (direct metal laser sintering) as a novel approach to fabricate functionally graded titanium implants: preliminary investigation of fabrication parameters. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2013 Nov-Dec;28(6):1490-5.
- Lin WS, Harris BT, Zandinejad A, Morton D. Use of digital data acquisition and CAD/CAM technology for the fabrication of a fixed complete dental prosthesis on dental implants. J Prosthet Dent. 2014 Jan;111(1):1-5.
- Zandinejad A.A. Atai M., Pahlevan A. The effect of ceramic and porous fillers on the mechanical properties of experimental dental composites. Dent Mater, 2006 Apr;22(4):382
- Zandinejad A.A. Campillo M. , Munoz C.A. ,Malmstrom H. A New Resin Composition for sealing Dental Composite. IADR/AADR 87th General Session. Miami, Flourida April 2009. Abstract# 2400.