Thank you for reaching out regarding our PhD in Oral & Craniofacial Biomedical Sciences (OCBS) and MS in Oral Biology (OBIO). Our NEW application system is now active! As promised, here is the information needed to apply.
New application site: https://texasam2022.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login
We have one deadline (December 15th) for the basic science track PhD (OCBS) and MS (OBIO) and we use an online application process. The application fee of $89 can be paid by credit card.
Documents you need to have ready before going to the application website:
- One unofficial transcript must be uploaded onto the application portal https://texasam2022.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login. If admitted, the original transcript will need to be submitted to the admissions office upon arrival.
- Texas A&M University Admissions office does not accept credential evaluations from
private companies. We perform our own evaluation of foreign credentials. Therefore, we
require the official native language transcript with an accompanying official English
- Texas A&M University will accept transcripts sent electronically through SPEEDE, eSCRIP-SAFE, or National Clearing House. Transcripts from any other vendor will not be accepted.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are no longer required.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score for international applicants. The TOEFL institution code for TAMU is 6003. Additionally, we accept IELTS, International English Language Testing System scores.
English Proficiency must be met for all International Applicants. The following are all ways that it can be met.
- a minimum TOEFL score (from a test date within two years) of 80 internet-based testing (i-BT)
- a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 overall band
- a minimum PTE Academic score of 53
- a GRE Verbal Reasoning score of at least 146 (subject to departmental approval)
- a GMAT Verbal Score of at least 22 (subject to departmental approval)
- completing all years of a Bachelor's degree or higher at a U.S. accredited university (subject to departmental approval)
- acquiring alternative verification from the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies via departmental request. An international graduate student holding a Master's degree from a U.S. accredited university qualifies for alternative verification.
- Deadline for applications: December 15, 2021 is the next admissions deadline.
Financial support - We do not support MS degree candidates, but support is available for Ph.D. students.
- Tuition cost and fees can be found on the graduate school website link: https://dentistry.tamu.edu/graduate-studies/futurestudents/index.html
- Visiting the campus is not encouraged. If the graduate committee wants to interview you, they will send an invitation. However, you will not be reimbursed for travel expenses for interviews. The graduate committee will not review an application until it is complete.
Bruno Ruest, Ph.D.
Acting Department Head
Department of Biomedical Sciences
Texas A&M University College of Dentistry
3302 Gaston Ave.
Dallas, Texas 75246
If you have questions, please contact the Biomedical Sciences Department at: 214-828-8260