The Department of Diagnostic Sciences has three divisions: Oral Diagnosis, Oral Pathology, and Oral Radiology, all with their own director and teaching programs.
Pathology is responsible for all teaching of general and oral pathology to dental, dental hygiene and graduate students; provides consultation and biopsy services to the College and the professional community, and has a residency program in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology.
Radiology is responsible for all imaging programs and, through the Imaging Center, a service to dental professionals. Radiology has a residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology.
Oral Diagnosis combines teaching with patient screening, evaluation and treatment planning for the College as well as a limited care treatment clinic.
- To provide contemporary teaching of foundational and clinical information to all students in the College and the dental community.
- To develop and maintain basic and clinical research.
- To provide through the biopsy service and Imaging Center a superior service to the profession.
Radiology's Graduate Students
- Dr. Solaleh Shahmirzadi, Year II Grad Student, Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- Dr. Eric Mastanduono, Year I Grad Student, Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- Dr. Pallak Arora, Year I Grad Student, Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- Dr. Meeru Kumar, Year I Grad Student, Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology