Oksana V. Budinskaya, DDS, MBA
Clinical Associate Professor
3302 Gaston Ave., Rm 216
Dallas, Texas 75246
Phone: (214) 828-8991
Fax: (214) 828-8306
Education and Post-Graduate Training
2017-2019 Texas Wesleyan University - MBA Health Care Administration
August 2016- Rice University, Houston, TX – Certificate- Advances in Tissue Engineering
- 06/08/2011 - Certificate in Clinical Dental Research Methods, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- 1985-1990 - Bachelors in General Dentistry, Kalinin Medical Academy, Omsk city, Russia
- 1990-1991 - Dental Internship, Gained knowledge of general dentistry, performed duties in all areas of general dentistry, Omsk city, Russia
- 1991-1992 - General Certification course to practice Dentistry in Israel, Hadassah Ein Karem University, Jerusalem, Israel
- 1996-1997 - Certifications in Advanced Dentistry, Graduated and Postgraduate School in the Medical Academy, Omsk city, Russia
Increasing angiogenesis in the gingival tissues after negative pressure application on an affected gingiva in several systemic diseases, such as diabetes and prolong smoking, where angio-structure affected the most causing obliteration, spasticity and angio-fragility.
- 2008-2009 IDC $15,000 The Vacuum-Irrigation Procedure Vacuum Massage Device (VIP-Vac) for gingival healing and periodontal tissues.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America, Volume 29, Issue 1, February, 2017, Pages 105-115. Emerging biomaterials and techniques in tissue regeneration. Chapter: New frontier in biomaterials. R. Gilbert Triplett DDS,PhD, Oksana Budinskaya DDS
Manuscript, WOUNDS: A Compendium of Clinical Research and Practice. 2012;24(4):99–109. O.V. Budinskaya, Elias D. Kontogiorgos, M. Brownlee, J.S. Lee, R. A. Budinskiy, P. C. Dechow, K. K. Svoboda , J. Wright, L. A. Opperman “Vacuum- induced suction stimulates increased numbers of blood vessels in healthy dog gingiva.”
- IADR 2017 Poster presentation: CONTROL ID: 2624594. IADR “Oral Health Status Among Case-Matched Diabetic and Non-Diabetic Patients” O.Budinskaya, G.Triplett, S.Griffin S. Narendran, H.Liang, R. Puttaiah
- O.V. Budinskaya, Elias D. Kontogiorgos, M. Brownlee, J.S. Lee, R. A. Budinskiy, P. C. Dechow, K. K. Svoboda , L. A. Opperman “Vacuum-induced suction stimulates increased numbers of blood vessels in dog gingiva” 10th International Symposium on Periodontics & Restorative Dentistry, June 10-13th, Boston, MA. 2010 Posters presentation
- R.A. Budinskiy, E. D. Kontogiorgos, L. A. Opperman, Svoboda, P. C. Dechow, O. V. Budinskaya “Vacuum Induced Suction Increases Lymphatic Vessels in Dog Gingiva” AADR Annual Meeting, March 2010. Washington, DC.
- M. Brownlee, J. Lee, K. Svoboda, L. Opperman, O. Budinskaya “Vacuum Induced Procedure for Accelerated Healing of Gingival Tissues” AADR/IADR Annual Meeting, April 2009, Posters. Miami, FL.
Specialty Training/Board Certifications
- 2004 - Texas faculty dental license
- 1993 - Israel dental board
- 1990 - Russian dental board
- 2002 - present: Amerian Dental Association; American Dental Education Association; Texas Dental Association; Dallas County Dental Society
- 2014 – present: Russian-American Dental Society
2017 July-August Texas Lone Star Operation, Pharr, TX
Scholarship for the 2011 Summer institute of Clinical Dental Research Methods at the University of Washington; June 27 through August 5th of 2011;
- $5000 award from the office of Graduate Study at Texas A&M University College of Dentistry toward clinical research of the VIP-Vac procedure proposal 2010
- Winner of the scholarship of The Texas A&M Foundation Center for Teaching Excellence. Wakonse South Conference on College Teaching, April 9-11 2010;
- The Vacuum-Irrigation Procedure Vacuum Massage Device (VIP-Vac) for gingival healing and periodontal tissues - selected for the Mays Business School 2008 Tech Transfer Challenge (MBA students showcase device to 120 industry executives).
Haiti Medical-dental Mission trip Feb-March 2015